Hierarchically reporting to: School Director
To lead and be responsible for regulatory and compliance matters within the UK higher education context relating to student experience, quality standards (management and governance), and for providing high quality, professional services support.
Key purpose of role
- Provide strong, proactive, collaborative leadership for the London School professional services reflecting strategy and plans within the wider Marangoni Group.
- Support the Director in the development, implementation and monitoring of the London School.
- Enable effective support for corporate and academic governance including Risk Management, internal audit and high quality committee secretarial support for relevant School Boards.
- Work with senior managers to ensure UK statutory and legal compliance
- In liaison with HQ, ensure the accuracy, completeness and robustness of student administrative and regulatory processes for the School including the student record system, student data and course records.
- Support the academic strategy, student experience, oversight and enhancement of student facilities and resources.
- Oversee, deliver, develop and maintain academic resources and to advise on support for induction, mentoring and training of academic staff and students.
- Oversee student support and budgets both proactively and responsively to stakeholder and business needs.
- As School Examinations Officer, ensure liaison across all departments (within the Group and with partners, as appropriate) to facilitate smooth planning, organisation and overview
- Initiate and ensure timely local professional services action in response to emergent student educational or pastoral issues or School policy.
- Support performance management and development of relevant staff, ensuring good knowledge of all relevant external and Group requirements and best practice.
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively across the School and its collaborative partners, including across the Group as required
Education and skills
- Good First Degree: Masters degree (desirable)
- Previous leadership experience in a similar role, ideally within a UK HEI
- Strong personnel management experience
- Good experience of successful project and change leadership and delivery
- Ability to prioritise own and team workload and coordinate delivery to meet deadlines
- Excellent student-facing service ethos and customer focus
- Motivation to work independently, proactively and flexibly within dynamic UK HE Alternative Provider and international IM Group environments
- High level of qualitative and quantitative data and IT literacy, including provision of statistical reports to inform management decision-making
- Strong financial and business literacy
- Interest in and basic knowledge of Fashion and Design
- Multi-lingual or aptitude for languages (desirable)
Applicants are invited to send directly their CV with subject REF. 61 Registrar to the following e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are open to candidates of all genders (L. 903/77), please include authorization for use of personal data according to the current Privacy directives (art. 13, D.Lgs. 196/03).