Apply for entry at level 5
Students with some experience of higher education have the opportunity to enter one of our BA (Hons) degrees* in the second year (NQF level 5). This request must go through a process called APL (Accreditation of Prior Learning) which evaluates if the prior learning undertaken is sufficient to start the selected programme in the second year.
the application process
what are the requirements?
In order to apply for level 5 of the Manchester Met validated course, the student must provide the local admission office with the following documents:
- full application form and supporting documents for the 1st year of study;
- filled APL form: the admissions office will provide a blank form to be filled by the students and tutor;
- non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (IELTS 6.0 without elements below 5.5)*. The minimum English language requirements are subject to change and are available at: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/international/courses/english-language-requirements
- current year’s transcripts;
- appropriate level of study & skills demonstrated in a body of work comparable to the learning outcomes of Level 4 i.e. portfolio (when appropriate to the subject of study);
- credits successfully undertaken relating to study at comparable programme at a similar institution at Level 4;
- work experience that relates to skills needed at this level.
In the UK they could typically have already achieved the following:
- foundation degree in a relevant subject;
- equivalent qualification in a relevant subject at another institution;
- can demonstrate equitable skills and commitment to study;
- only applications from students who submit a complete application will be considered.
When can I apply?
An APL application committee will meet in London and Paris twice a month (or as required). The initial decision will be made via the Istituto Marangoni application process with final acceptance made in July according to the Manchester Met Board.
is there any related cost?
If the application has been successfully evaluated by the APL Applicant Committee, the student needs to pay an APL fee of € 1.000 to the school. The APL Applicant Committee evaluates the most appropriate candidate profiles. For any additional information, please contact the admissions offices of the schools:
- Paris school: firstname.lastname@example.org
- London school: email@example.com
*Awarded by our partner Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University-UK) in addition to the Istituto Marangoni certificate.
** Students requiring a Tier 4 general visa to study in the UK will be required to present IELTS for UKVI (academic) test results. Due to new immigration changes, all our applicants will need to have a valid IELTS for UKVI (academic) taken after April 6th 2015.
Please see more information about where to take the required test by clicking here.