apply for entry at level 6
Students with some previous higher education experience have the opportunity to enter one of our BA (Hons) degrees* in the third year (NQF level 6). This request has to go through a process called APL (Accreditation of Prior Learning), which will evaluate whether the prior learning is sufficient to begin the programme of choice in the third year.
The application process
What are the requirements?
In order to apply for level 6 of the Manchester Met validated course, the student has to provide the local admission office with the following documents:
- full application form and supporting documents for the 1st and 2nd years of study;
- a filled APL form: the admissions office will provide a blank form to be filled by the tutor;
- non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (IELTS 6.5 without elements below 5.5)*. The minimum English language requirements are subject to change and are available at: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/international/courses/english-language-requirements
- current year's transcripts;
- appropriate level of study & skills demonstrated in a body of work comparable to the learning outcomes of Level 5 i.e. portfolio (when appropriate to the subject of study);
- credits successfully undertaken relating to study on a comparable programme at a similar institution at Level 5;
- work experience that relates to skills needed at this level.
Only applications from students who submit a complete application will be taken into consideration.
When can I apply?
The student can apply immediately once he/she has met all the above requirements. Applications must be sent by 1st June 2016.
What are the timelines?
An APL applicant committee will meet in London and Paris twice a month (or as per requirements). Initial decision will be made as Istituto Marangoni process the application, but the final acceptance is only made in July - after Manchester Met Board.
Is there any cost related?
If the application has been successfully evaluated by the APL Applicant Committee the student need to pay an APL fee of € 1.000 to the school. The APL Applicant Committee evaluates the most appropriate candidate profiles. For any additional information, please contact the admissions offices of the schools:
- Paris school: firstname.lastname@example.org
- London school: email@example.com
*Awarded by our partner Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University-UK) in addition to the Istituto Marangoni certificate.
** Students requiring a Tier 4 general visa to study in the UK will be required to present IELTS for UKVI (academic) test results. Due to new immigration changes, all our applicants will need to have a valid IELTS for UKVI (academic) taken after April 6th 2015. Please get more information on where to take the required test by clicking here.