FASHION DESIGN WOMENSWEAR
The course is dedicated to professionals with specific skills in the fashion industry who want to learn more about research and design. Starting with a study of fashion semiology, the course looks at social changes and cultural influences with the aim of understanding contemporary dynamics between fashion and society. Creative exploration and the identification of new trends allow for the development of coordinated collections in line with the fashion context.
The fashion designer anticipates styles and knows how to analyse the market and interpret macro-trends, designing collections to dress contemporary women. The use of new fabrics will bring course participants to interpret new aesthetic solutions and experimental shapes. The technical aspects linked to production and to the analysis of costs will lead to the establishment of creative ideas, making the fashion designer aware of the feasibility of their collection. The meeting between professionals in the industry and luxury fashion brands makes it possible to establish contacts with the fashion system and to explore new market dynamics.
Target: The course is intended for professionals in the trade, product managers, entrepreneurs, fashion designers and others looking to study and update their creative and technical skills.
The suite of Executive MA courses provides a unique international opportunity as part of the curriculum of three extended weekends of full emersion in the fashion capitals of the world, where Istituto Marangoni has its Schools: Firenze, Paris and London . Activities include bespoke site visits, local case study testimonials and network opportunities to reinforce a global understanding and specialist knowledge of the chosen field of study.
- critically assess consumer needs, market demand and trends for a specific women’s brand;
- analyse the context of art and design and its relations with the fashion system;
- clearly and effectively communicate ideas and design concepts able to capitalise on the identity of a fashion brand;
- assess and critically apply the theories and techniques used to develop new design proposals for a fashion brand.
- Fashion Intention
- Fashion Exploration
- Fashion Design Development and Identity
- Research methods
- Lectures, Workshops, Company Testimonials, Case Studies