take the next step towards postgraduate study in fashion studies
During this 12-week preparatory course, participants will be working on exciting creative projects based on a thorough and comprehensive approach to the fashion industry, and they will be constantly encouraged to develop their creative concept ideas and business acumen. The pre-sessional course offers specifically tailored study preparation for the entire suite of master’s fashion programmes at Istituto Marangoni. The preparation is for candidates with either design, business, management or other backgrounds who want to progress their studies to a master’s level.
Participants will have the unique opportunity to learn the basics of fashion design and business through the enhancement of either their creative, conceptual, practical or managerial skills, depending on the master’s programme they have chosen to access at Istituto Marangoni. Participants will learn how to conduct independent research and how to present it effectively; practical workshops will deepen their understanding of the fashion business and develop their project management and promotion skills and garment construction knowledge where appropriate. The ultimate aim of this course is to enable students to succeed at a full-time MA.
Participants will receive integrated support in their written and spoken use of the English language in relation to fashion. This will ensure that they are fully prepared to meet the challenges of postgraduate learning.
- a bachelor’s degree of 2.1 (recognised on Naric) and transcript.
- non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (at 6.0 IELTS, with no elements below 5.5).
- an academic reference letter on university-headed paper and/or a professional reference.
- a signed personal statement.
- a CV.
*Access to master’s programmes is subject to completing with success the pre-sessional master’s course and according to the entry requirements of the master’s degree programmes, which include 6.5 IELTS in English for the Paris and London campuses.
**€3.000 will be deducted from the tuition fee for the master’s programme on the basis of didactical offer and the prices for the following academic year.
- understand the importance of market research and marketing information systems to design effective marketing strategies.
- demonstrate research and writing skills, including structuring and writing academic work, analysing and synthesising appropriate sources, developing arguments, and using standard citation and bibliographic techniques.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of communication theory and its application to the development of communication strategies by fashion organisations.
- research and critically analyse information from a variety of sources to formulate and realise concepts and design solutions.
- compose a portfolio of work and give a presentation arguing your design conclusions in a professional manner.
- international marketing in fashion
- contemporary issues in fashion marketing
- integrated marketing communications in fashion
- strategic marketing management, project management, specialist subject technical workshops
- principles of fashion design (for participants considering progression to womenswear design master’s courses)
- principles of brand management (for participants considering progression to fashion & luxury brand management, to fashion promotion, communication & media and to contemporary fashion buying master’s courses).