Apply for entry at level 5
Students with some experience of higher education have the opportunity to enter one of our BA (Hons) degrees* in the second year (NQF level 5). This request must go through a process called Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) which enables the School and Manchester Metropolitan University to endorse the knowledge and skills that students bring with them when they embark on a programme of study.
The Application Process
What are the requirements?
In order to apply for level 5 of the Manchester Met validated course, the student must provide the following documents to the local Admissions team:
- Full application form and supporting documents for the 1st year of study;
- RPL form that needs to be filled by the student (available from the Admissions office upon request). Students can be supported by an academic tutor to fill in the form, however, they are ultimately responsible for the submission;
- Non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (IELTS 6.0 without elements below 5.5)*. The minimum English language requirements are subject to change and are available at: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/international/courses/english-language-requirements
- Current year’s transcripts;
- Appropriate level of study & skills demonstrated in a body of work comparable to the learning outcomes of Level 4 i.e. portfolio (when appropriate to the subject of study);
- Credits successfully undertaken relating to study at comparable programme at a similar institution at Level 4;
- Work experience that relates to skills needed at this level.
In the UK they could typically have already achieved the following:
- Foundation degree in a relevant subject;
- Equivalent qualification in a relevant subject at another institution;
- Can demonstrate equitable skills and commitment to study;
- Only applications from students who submit a complete application will be considered.
When can I apply?
An RPL application must be submitted for consideration by Istituto Marangoni London and Manchester Metropolitan University assessment board by 1st August.
Is there any related cost?
The IM London School is committed to providing equal access opportunities to higher education to all students from
different background. If the application has been successfully approved by the RPL Review Panel, the student needs to pay an RPL fee of £ 1.000 to the school.
For any additional information, please contact the admissions offices of the schools:
- Paris school: email@example.com
- London school: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Awarded by our partner Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University-UK) in addition to the Istituto Marangoni certificate.
** Students requiring a Tier 4 general visa to study in the UK will be required to present IELTS for UKVI (academic) test results. Due to new immigration changes, all our applicants will need to have a valid IELTS for UKVI (academic) taken after April 6th 2015.
Please see more information about where to take the required test by clicking here.