Apply for entry at level 6
Students with some previous higher education experience have the opportunity to enter one of our BA (Hons) degrees* in the third year (NQF level 6). This request has to go through a process called (Recognition of Prior Learning) RPL, which enables the School and Manchester Metropolitan University to endorse the knowledge and skills that students bring with them when they embark on a programme of study.
the application process
what are the requirements?
In order to apply for level 6, the student has to provide the following documents to the local Admissions team:
- full application form and supporting documents for the 1st and 2nd years of study;
- RPL form that needs to be filled by the student and tutor (available from the Admissions office upon request);
- non-native English speakers are required to provide an English language certificate at B2 CEFR level (IELTS 6.5 without elements below 5.5)*.
- current year’s transcripts;
- appropriate level of study & skills demonstrated in a body of work comparable to the learning outcomes of Level 5 i.e. portfolio (when appropriate to the subject of study);
- credits successfully undertaken relating to study on a comparable programme at a similar institution at Level 5;
- work experience that relates to skills needed at this level.
Only applications from students who submit a complete application will be taken into consideration.
when can i apply?
The student can apply immediately once he/she has met all the above requirements. Applications must be sent by 1st June 2016.
is there any cost related?
If the application has been successfully approved by the RPL Applicant Committee the student needs to pay an RPL fee of £ 1.000 to the school.
For any additional information, please contact the admissions offices of the schools.
*Please note that this process is not applicable to the London and Paris validated programmes