Careers Service & Industry Relationship Manager
Role: Careers Service & Industry Relationship Manager
Reporting hierarchically to: School Director
Reporting functionally to: Group Market Director
Direct report: Careers Service & Industry Relationship Specialist
The job will consist in providing support to students in finding placements (including preparing CVs and portfolios, developing interview skills, etc). The purpose of the role is to prepare and deliver workshops for job hunting, develop relationships with key companies in the fashion and related industries, create and maintain a database to track and monitor Alumni, etc. The position will also require a continual review and development of the industry contacts with the purpose to build a date-base of offers and robust industry contacts that can provide employability to students.
Key purpose of the role
- To provide a placement service between Istituto Marangoni students and external companies in order to place all those students requiring placement.
- Arrange industry appointments to ensure quality assurance for students in the workplace and agree terms and conditions of new placement opportunities
- To manage Alumni network, providing support, improve engagement, follow success stories and career pathways, organise monthly events.
- To plan and organise career development events and recruitment days and career week/month working also for Alumni
- To oversee the use of the IM careers platform (Symplicity), to maximise potential for students, alumni, industry and staff
- To provide information, advice, and council to the graduates by delivering monthly seminars on CV guidance, interview techniques, cover letters and knowledge about careers in the fashion industry
- To monitor and prepare periodical reports about the rates of placed students
- To manage, supporting the School Director/Training Center Director, all relationships with main Country based fashion business to promote the events and students at Istituto Marangoni
- To organize academic projects at least four times per year with each of the courses
- To planning and facilitating talks with professionals in various areas of Fashion that are delivered to the students/alumni throughout the year about the reality of their roles and their businesses
- To participate in School/Training Center activities as a member of the administrative teams
- To manage the interview process with students and offering them support
- To contribute to the organization on promotional events like fashion shows, degree shows, bespoke seminars etc..
- To constantly update the Sinapto database and Symplicity platform (students/alumni) in order to have activities’ report
Education and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Very good customer service skills
- Team player with collaborative attitude
- Previous experience in similar role, including people management and knowledge of international employment law highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure respecting procedures and with very good attention to detail
- A reflective and analytical approach to the development of the department’s activities
- Proficiency in English Language; nice to have Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian
- Interest for Education, Fashion and Design
Applicants are invited to send directly their CV with subject REF. 62 Careers Service & Industry Relationship Manager to the following e-mail address email@example.com
Applications are open to candidates of all genders (L. 903/77) please include authorization for use of personal data according to the current Privacy directives (art. 13, D.Lgs. 196/03).