FASHION PRODUCT MANAGEMENT
This executive weekend master’s course, held in the local language, provides the means to understand and manage the technical, technological, organisational and business problems linked to the production process of fashion goods. The course develops the skills and knowledge needed to manage all of the design variables for new fashion items within a company, also responding to tech changes and product innovations. With lessons, testimonials from leading figures in the trade, and practical exercises, the course will deal with the development of the supply chain, looking at the different areas of sustainability linked to the manufacture and distribution of fashion products.
The fashion product manager realises the design ideas and concepts, transforming creativity into a valid business proposal. From the first samples, through to final production, the product manager supervises the trend for the whole project, and is responsible for the organisation and implementation of guarantee protocols, in place to ensure product quality. They also select the methods for implementing company reporting during the different stages of negotiation, managing models, tests and tools at the same time.
Target: for division and department management, persons in charge of strategic business areas and business development, and creatives wanting to specialise in the production and development of the fashion industry supply chain.
The suite of Executive MA courses provides a unique international opportunity as part of the curriculum of three extended weekends of full emersion in the fashion capitals of the world, where Istituto Marangoni has its Schools: Firenze, Paris and London. Activities include bespoke site visits, local case study testimonials and network opportunities to reinforce a global understanding and specialist knowledge of the chosen field of study.
- 18 months · 420 hours · 168 classes · 2 weekends per month
- Saturday 9:30 am – 7:00 pm · Sunday 8:30 am – 2.30 pm
- course language: Italian in Milano and French in Paris
- to actualise ideas and design concepts, converting creativity into valid commercial ideas;
- to coordinate the idea of image, budget and timeframe of a collection;
- to follow the relation between suppliers of merchandise and production, outsourcing, quality control and price;
- to critically assess the importance, role and relevance of sustainability in the fashion industry;
- to organise and implement quality assurance protocols;
- create a product to achieve the required profit margins for the appropriate margins;
- fashion marketing management
- fashion item design
- contemporary aspects of fashion
- fashion production development
- fashion production strategies
- research methods
- Lectures, Workshops, Company Testimonials, Case Studies