As an international fashion, art and design Institute, Istituto Marangoni aims at expanding its international network. Istituto Marangoni is developing Study Abroad collaboration agreements with top universities and fashion and design institutes all over the world.
Types of collaborations
Indeed, in addition to individual Study Abroad programmes (free movers), Istituto Marangoni offers the best students from the most prestigious schools the opportunity to spend part of their educational path at Istituto Marangoni as part of academic collaboration agreements, ranging from Semester Abroad to Double Degree Programmes:
- Fee Paying Semester Abroad: Students from partner universities will spend one or two semesters at Istituto Marangoni during Istituto Marangoni 2nd year of a 3-year Undergraduate Programme or one semester at postgraduate level. In light of the relationship between Istituto Marangoni and the partner institution, students can access preferential fees.
- Undergraduate Double Degree: Based on partner’s academic structure, Undergraduate Double Degree Programme can be structured on a 1+2 articulation agreement (1st year at home university + 2nd and 3rd year at Istituto Marangoni) or on a 2+2 articulation agreement (1st and 2nd year at home university + 3rd and 4th year at Istituto Marangoni. In either case, in order to release an Istituto Marangoni Bachelor’s degree, students must attend both the 2nd and 3rd year of an Istituto Marangoni three-year Undergraduate Programme.
- Postgraduate Double Degree: Based on partner’s academic structure, Postgraduate Double Degree Programme can be structured as a 1+1 articulation agreement (1st year at home university + 2nd year Istituto Marangoni) or as a 2+1 articulation agreement (1st and 2nd year at home university + 3rd at Istituto Marangoni). In either case, in order to release an Istituto Marangoni Master’s Degree, students must attend the entire year of an Istituto Marangoni 1-year Master’s Degree.
Partnership Proposal Procedure
Universities interested in collaborating with Istituto Marangoni are welcome to start the Partnership Proposal procedure, by following the steps described below. Istituto Marangoni key objective is to ensure that students have a unique academic and life experience. The necessities of the students and of the partner universities are essential and Istituto Marangoni will do its best to meet partner’s expectations and needs during the establishment of the collaboration and during students’ stay at any of Istituto Marangoni campuses.
- Partnership Proposal Submission: To start the Partnership Proposal procedure, the request can be submitted directly to Istituto Marangoni University Relationship department by the international office, faculty member, college or department of the proposal initiator. A Partnership Proposal procedure can be initiated by sending an email to Istituto Marangoni University Relationship Team email@example.com or Istituto Marangoni University Relationship Manager Fabrizio Tovaglieri firstname.lastname@example.org.
- First contact and operative plan: in a few days upon the receipt of the first contact and after the conduction of a research on the potential partner, Istituto Marangoni University Relationship office will get in touch with the partner university to arrange a first meeting. During this first session, information about the institutions will be required and share by the parties, while a more detailed project plan will be drafted.
- Institutional and academic Information sharing: According to the project of interest, different document and information need to be shared between the two partners. Among these, there may be the institutional and programmatic validation and programme curriculum.
- Mapping of curricula: In order to create a Semester Abroad Academic partnership or a Double Degree programme and guarantee a smooth transition from their home university to Istituto Marangoni, partners must be able to acknowledge the credits collected at Istituto Marangoni by the students, while Istituto Marangoni needs to assess student’s previous academic background. For this reason, the mapping of the programme of the potential partner must be completed by Istituto Marangoni.
- Outcome and programme definition: Based on the results of the mapping conducted and on the assessment of the institutional features, Istituto Marangoni University Relationship office will communicate to the proposal initiator whether the creation of the partnership is actually feasible.
- Elaboration of Agreement: Upon notification, Istituto Marangoni University Relationship office will prepare the draft of the contract based on the programmes focus of collaboration and will share the draft with the partner. When the parties reach an agreement and the document is signed by both institutions, the partnership is considered official.
- Project implementation: Once the partnership is being confirmed through the stipulation of the partnership, the partners will start the promotional activities and Istituto Marangoni will prepare the application forms customised for the partner.
- Periodic Mutual Evaluation: Both parties will evaluate the performance of the ongoing project based on students’ feedback and academic and institutional meetings. If the feedback is positive, the contract can be renewed after 3 or 5 years from the first stipulation.
Istituto Marangoni official partners are:
- Centro Universitario Belas Artes, Brazil
- Anáhuac Universidad, Mexico
- Tecnologico de Monterrey, Mexico
- UNIBE, Dominican Republic
- Hacer Creativo Arte y Diseno, Spain
- Macromedia, Germany
- IESEG, France
- Donghua University, People’s Republic of China
- Da Yeh University, Taiwan
- Kookje, South Korea
- RASARA Fashion Training College, South Korea
- Dongfang Institute of Art and Fashion, South Korea
- London College for Design and Fashion, Vietnam
- Torrens University, Australia
All the academic partnerships and collaborations concerning Istituto Marangoni Milano, Istituto Marangoni Firenze, Istituto Marangoni Paris and Istituto Marangoni London are directly managed by Istituto Marangoni University Partnership department.
Universities interested in collaborating with Istituto Marangoni School of Fashion, Art and Design can Istituto Marangoni University Partnership department:
Fabrizio Tovaglieri – Group University Relationship Manager email@example.com
Camilla Menghini – Group University Relationship Team firstname.lastname@example.org