designing objects and furnishings for the future inspired by ‘made in italy’
The course is aimed at students who already have a degree in design, architecture, engineering or in a similar field, with a portfolio and/or professional experience in the design sector. Indispensable requirements are the knowledge of rhino software, AutoCAD (or similar) and the Adobe software suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
Participants will discover and research in depth the realities that define tomorrow’s furniture and product design, from manufacturing processes and the particularities of Italian contemporary design culture to the study of the cultural changes that influence consumer behaviour. Project development studies and their realisation are supported by the exploration of graphic culture and brand analysis as well as of contemporary lifestyles, public consumption and emotional perception.
Learners will work both individually and in groups on specific projects proposed by tutors and towards client briefs assigned to them by industry. They will be expected to integrate their creativity with knowledge of the technical features of materials and with the application of emerging technologies.
- critically analyse and select creative ideas for development;
- select and interpret diverse consumer behaviour;
- assess the company and communicate the brand identity through the product;
- critically analyse the choice of materials and the production process;
- interpret and professionally develop a project of design and its graphic representation;
- understand social changes and how these can influence different project solutions.
- design of contemporary products
- concepts in product design
- reflections on design
- research methods
Discover the creativity of the curricular projects realised by attendees of the master's courses at the Istituto Marangoni Schools of Design.
Milano School of Design