master's degree* · master programmes** · cycles de spécialisation*
learn all the communication strategies of fashion and luxury brands
Aimed at students who have previously studied communication, advertising, business and marketing or who have relevant work experience. The course allows participants to acquire all the technical and theoretical concepts they will need to create a communication campaign through the study of subjects such as fashion & luxury marketing management, public relations & fashion and luxury fashion advertising campaigns.
During this course participants will learn how to respond to emerging developments in media and communication and will explore the major theories and debates that dominate the study and practice of fashion promotion, communication and media. They will also evaluate the different techniques applicable in creating and understanding the role of fashion image, whilst analysing historical and contemporary references. Looking at fashion advertising, editorial and creative direction in media, communication and promotion, participants evaluate and analyse trends in fashion styling, photography and journalism. They also progress their advanced knowledge of the creative and written process to encourage their own original creativity and prepare themselves professionally for the roles of the fashion industry which foster innovation, entrepreneurial thinking and problem-solving.
Particular emphasis is placed on public relations within fashion houses, from customer management to the identification of celebrities, fashion show organization and to the management of press days.
Fashion promoters define the advertising campaigns and organise promotion through the most appropriate communication channels. They organise pres- entations, events and fashion shows, which reflect and represent the image of a brand.
They organise press offices and public relations and they have great observation and communication abilities.
Fashion promoters know the requirements of fashion product consumers very well and the markets in which they operate. They can work either for a single brand or consult with various organizations. They may work in a budgetary capacity as writers in charge of public relations, or fashion show promoters within the fashion sector.
- demonstrate a systematic understanding of the key fashion communication channels and theories, across written and visual media, and apply this understanding to fashion industry contexts, generating creative and original management solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences in a manner appropriate to the discipline area;
- critically appreciate fashion branding theories and omni-channel business strategies and demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the current challenges faced by industry informed by current research;
- critically evaluate and analyse the current theories, concepts and management used in promoting fashion and the changing role of social media, as well as PR in the digital age and conceptualise creative digital campaigns for a fashion brand to a global community;
- demonstrate leadership and problem solving skills relevant to creative direction for fashion media, and interpret knowledge and practice at the forefront of the discipline;
- critically evaluate research and apply appropriate methodologies of research and enquiry to own independent research, producing a substantial piece of work to industry and academic standards.
- contemporary fashion communication and criticism
- strategic branding and innovation management
- contemporary issues in fashion
- social media and digital pr management
- creative direction
- research methods
*Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in Paris and London will be awarded a master's degree by Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University-UK). Master's degrees include a 12-week work placement 180 credits points must be earned in order for a master's degree to be awarded upon completion of the course. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level). For further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen school.
** Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in Milano will be awarded an Istituto Marangoni certificate.
***Only in the London and Paris schools.