your first step towards a career in fashion
The foundation qualification allows students to make an informed choice about which course at Istituto Marangoni best suits their skills and abilities. A natural path of progression from the foundation course is on to one of the three-year undergraduate programmes. The foundation course is a year of new challenges and ideas that will improve the critical independent thinking of students. Existing experiences and skills will be further developed with creative projects and practical techniques. Academic discipline is at the heart of this course, which emphasises intensive learning. In-depth study of analytical principles, techniques for exploration and enquiry, and research into context and materials are all involved. The learning approach identifies and capitalises on each student’s strengths and emerging talent.
English language and study skills support the communication of ideas in both the verbal and written format. As well as doing their own creative projects, students learn specialist routes into fashion design (with business) and fashion communication (with styling, graphics and photography). Part of the course involves developing an individual creative style and concept ideas to take forward over the subsequent three years of study.
- record and critically investigate relevant theoretical underpinnings in order to research, generate ideas and experiment.
- demonstrate the ability to use a wide range of artistic media to communicate ideas, and articulate ideas in both the written and verbal form.
- demonstrate an understanding of facts, knowledge and concepts about context, mood & meaning as they relate to art and design.
- illustrate awareness of and competence in communication and brand identity for the fashion industry.
- Visual recording in art & design
- Materials and processes in art & design
- Ideas and concepts in art & design
- Communication through art & design
- Repeat pattern
- Design methods in art & design
- Fashion marketing
- Study support skills and language
foundation + ba (hons) degree* · three year programmes
For students who choose combined programmes, £2.500 will be deducted from the tuition fee for the first year of the three-year programme selected from the 2017-18 didactic offer and subsequent pricing scale. This is on the condition that the student pays the enrolment fee no later than:
- 30 April 2017 for those who enrolled on the Foundation Year in October 2016;.
- 15 June 2017 for those who enrolled on the Foundation Year in January 2017.
If they pay after these periods, no deduction from the tuition fee will be applicable. Students who successfully complete the Foundation Year course and meet the pre-requisites will be entitled to enrol on one of the three-year course in London, Paris, Milan or Florence.
For further information please contact the admission office at the London School email@example.com.
*Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in Paris and London will be awarded with a BA (Hons) Degree by Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University - UK); 120 credits points are available each year of study in order to gain an honours degree, so students will obtain 360 credits upon successful completion of the three-years course. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level); for further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen school.