leadership for luxury brands through design thinking.in partnership with Macromedia University www.macromedia-university.de
The course is structured along three axes built around a set of units focusing on business, design and research. Participants learn the design process and the creativity tools required to develop products and services within multidisciplinary, innovation-driven business contexts in the luxury fashion and luxury design field.
Participants engage in inter- and multidisciplinary projects that combine design awareness and business knowledge and that require an understanding of management models, project management, creativity and leadership. The course trains participants in research methods in design and management to provide a greater understanding of design and management problems, and as a basis through which to develop a research theme that will be explored and addressed in their thesis project.
Companies increasingly recognise the value of design and the way designers think as a strategic asset, a necessary alternative to traditional management methods and approaches. Design managers with dual design and management skills are still rare on the market and this master’s course will give participants a competitive advantage. Typically, design managers integrate companies at different levels and within different units, but might equally work with or within R&D departments, in product development, marketing or brand strategy to develop a design-driven, innovative and creative approach.
- apply management theory and practice to complex, global business contexts.
- apply a design-thinking methodology to enhance innovation within a business-driven context through integrative thinking, experiential learning and empathy.
- identify and analyse complex problems and demonstrate problem-solving capabilities in multidisciplinary team lead projects.
- demonstrate advanced skills in project management and control leadership and team-building for design-driven business companies within fast-moving and shifting global contexts.
- apply creative methods to the generation of new products and services through interactive, user-centred and systemic design approaches.
- management models
- design theory
- project management
- design practice
- creativity and leadership
- advanced design practice
- research methods and thesis