Your first step towards a career in fashion, art and design. In partnership with StudyGroup
This one year foundation course prepares participants for entry onto any of the three year creative undergraduate programmes. Over the course of the year participants are offered exciting new challenges that will improve their critical independent thinking, develop their skills and help them identify where their true passion lies. Specialist pathways in the areas of fashion, art and design are taught through creative projects and practical techniques. Participants gain a solid base in Istituto Marangoni training methods and experience the intensive learning approach that is required in order to successfully follow one of the full-time three year undergraduate programmes. The Foundation Year 1 course involves an in-depth study of analytical principles and techniques for exploration and research in fashion, design and art contexts as well as analysing and investigating the materials used in each area. Particular attention is dedicated to various key disciplines, for example; methods in mixed media, sewing and decoupage, creative research, digital design and visual art studies.
The fashion course also covers presentation skills, an introduction to the history of fashion, art and design, together with analyses of the fashion, luxury and creative industries. Attention is given to developing an individual approach to creative expression and to conceptual thinking which participants are then able to develop further in their chosen undergraduate course. Academic discipline is at the heart of the syllabus and is supported with English language study skills, concentrating on the communication of ideas in both verbal and written format.
Concluding with a portfolio of work, participants have the knowledge and information they need to be able to make an informed choice on which three year undergraduate course best suits their skills, passions and abilities, and are able to engage in full-time undergraduate level study from a solid foundation.
• Analyses of key disciplines covering fashion, art and creative industries
• Digital design
• Visual studies
• Communication in design
• Drawing and mixed media design
• Materials and processes in fashion, art and design
• The fashion, luxury and creative industries
• Study support skills and language
• The history of fashion, art and design
foundation + ba (hons) degree* · three year programmes
For students who choose combined programmes, £2.500 will be deducted from the tuition fee for the first year of the three-year programme selected from the 2017-18 didactic offer and subsequent pricing scale. This is on the condition that the student pays the enrolment fee no later than:
- 28 April 2018 for those who enrolled on the Foundation Year in October 2017.
- 15 June 2018 for those who enrolled on the Foundation Year in January 2018.
If they pay after these periods, no deduction from the tuition fee will be applicable. Students who successfully complete the Foundation Year course and meet the pre-requisites will be entitled to enrol on one of the three-year course in London, Paris, Milan or Florence.
For further information please contact the admission office at the London School firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Participants who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in Paris and London will be awarded a BA (Hons) degree by Manchester Metropolitan University-UK; 120 credit points must be earned for each year of study in order for an honours degree to be awarded, so students will obtain 360 credits upon successful completion of the three-year course. Participants on the four-year sandwich course will receive 120 practice credits for the additional year. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level). For further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen school.