intensive course in fashion and luxury business strategy
Students on the course in fashion business & brand management learn the techniques and methods used in the sale, promotion and buying of luxury products. Simulated projects will allow students to use business instruments and understand their application in the complex fashion industry. Particular attention will be put on business strategy, in such a way as to give students a complete view of the variations in the results obtained from different target groups.
The fashion business management professional is a key figure for fashion companies, within which such professionals determine the best strategies to optimize economic, distribution and production aspects of the brand. Choosing the collection, determining the target and price bracket, understanding landscape, competitors and protection of designs, and planning actions for promotion and distribution channels, in collaboration with design, production and sales teams, are just some of their responsibilities.
The expert in fashion business management who has been trained in one of the Istituto Marangoni fashion and design schools will be able to work in companies, consulting agencies and in related sectors, such as fashion, luxury and lifestyle. Graduates from the course can apply the knowledge and abilities they acquired during the course in the fields of marketing, advertising, communications, event planning, brand management, retail sales, visual merchandising, e-commerce and in the research of new trends.
- master knowledge of identifying marketing strategies applied to fashion and luxury agencies with an international outlook.
- identify those processes linked to the fashion and luxury industries that are used in the production system.
- identify the legal aspects and the economic impact on the performance of a company through an economic analysis.
- evaluate the development of a product from design to the planning of a fashion collection.
- implement the communication aspects connected to the advertising campaign for product growth and a better brand reputation.
- organize, manage and develop a retail sales network in reference to a particular target market.
- the business of fashion
- fashion business management
- markets and the marketing of fashion
- management of fashion production
- management of retail sales
- fashion promotion
one year courses + master’s degrees (ma)** · master courses*** · cycles de spécialisation**
For students who choose combined programmes, €5.000 will be deducted from the tuition fee of the master’s programme selected from the 2017-18 didactic offer and subsequent pricing scale. This is on the condition that the student pays the enrolment fee no later than:
- 30 April 2017 for those who enrolled on the intensive course in October 2016.
- 15 June 2017 for those who enrolled on the intensive course in February 2017.
Those who enrol after these periods will not be eligible for a deduction on the tuition fee.
For further information please contact the admissions office at the Milano School of Fashion at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Paris School of Fashion at email@example.com
** Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in Paris and London will be awarded a master's degree by Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University-UK). Master's Degrees include a 12 weeks work placement. 180 credit points must be earned in order for a master's degree to be awarded upon completion of the course. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level); for further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen school.
*** Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in Milano and Firenze will be awarded an Istituto Marangoni certificate.