master's degree* · master's programmes** · cycles de spécialisation*
study the logic of business, management, marketing mix and brand development in the fields of fashion and luxury
This master’s is designed to train future professionals in the areas of brand management, merchandising and communication, specifically in the areas of fashion and luxury. Given the advanced nature of the course, students must have a degree in marketing, economics or similar fields or have some relevant working experience in the field.
The basic units of the curriculum are devoted to understanding the logic of the markets for fashion and luxury and to considering how the structure of the main segments should be viewed in order to meet the needs and desires of consumers. The marketing mix and its construction through working with the client-target becomes the basis on which to plan the development strategy of the brand. The study of the styles of the past and the analysis of current trends and forecasts of the issues related to ‘future-fashion’ will enable participants to understand how aesthetic expressions and interpretations of social and cultural trends affect the process of collection development. The course will also detail the primary methods of social research, the market and their practical application in the field.
As part of this specialist course, participants will address the interpretation of economic, commercial, marketing and communication logic specific to the luxury sector.
They will also analyse how companies in the fashion-luxury market develop their own interpretation of brand positioning and devise special strategies in the management of the brand. The topic of the characteristics of the products and their distribution will be addressed with the aim of creating environmental innovation and competitive advantages for companies in the sector. The course is carried out through lectures, group work and individual project work.
The brand manager of fashion and luxury is a figure who is increasingly in demand in the sector; such managers come up with creative solutions to improve the practical management of a brand. Their task is to define the style of collections, identify the price range and the target market. This course will present participants with a wide range of potential careers in fashion-luxury, both in production and distribution and in agencies and consulting firms.
- critically analyse how different organizations in fashion and luxury goods manage their brands and their market offerings in order to compete in different market environments;
- evaluate the interrelationships between branding strategies and corporate strategies, business strategy and the functional strategies of an organization;
- develop systematic and creative solutions for a range of problems in the world of business and real management, taking into account theories, frameworks and practices relevant to the branding of luxury,fashion and brand management;
- assess how current issues including new technologies, and the changing role of the consumer and corporate social responsibility, have an impact on the competitive strategies of organizations involved in luxury goods and fashion;
- critically evaluate critically published work in the area of branding for fashion, luxury and brand management and then design and successfully implement a considerable amount of independent research.
- fashion marketing management
- contemporary issues in fashion
- research methods
- luxury management
- strategic brand management
- product creativity and innovation
Discover the creativity of the curricular projects realised by attendees of the postgraduate courses from the Istituto Marangoni Schools of Fashion.
London School of Fashion
*Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in Paris and London will be awarded a master's degree by Manchester Met (Manchester Metropolitan University-UK). Master's degrees include a 12-week work placement 180 credits points must be earned in order for a master's degree to be awarded upon completion of the course. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level). For further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen school.
** Students who successfully complete the programmes taught in Milano will be awarded an Istituto Marangoni certificate.
***Only in the London and Paris schools.