These undergraduate programmes are designed for participants looking to enter the design world, and provide a complete education allowing participants to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the chosen field.
Todays graphic designers not only work with technical images, they consider the look and feel of the design, they understand the message they need to communicate and their audience; visual designers take on a 360° view of the creative design process. This three year course investigates visual design communication by working on innovative ideas in graphic design and new media for all fields of the creative industries.
Studying a complex mix of technical design skills covering the most important digital software, drawing and design elements of typography and lettering, colour, print, layout composition and visual hierarchy, packaging and signage, participants also tackle the theories of perception and Gestalt, contemporary realities and sociocultural scenarios, creating meaningful designs in a technological and emotionally charged world. They learn how to communicate through visual language and storytelling, including video and new media (web design, blog, social platforms), focusing on visual communication as a strategic lever; creating a new approach in brand identity, sequential imaging in advertising, or innovative ideas in publishing and online magazines. By studying marketing strategies, communication methodology, cultural anthropology and the techniques of media, participants learn how to give a balanced and functional voice to a company, product, or service, applying creative solutions to marketing concepts in order to sell or promote products or ideas through design.
They understand the importance of researching and selecting a unique and distinguishing style for different clients and brands in order to uphold brand identity and communicate a message. The study of video, animation, interaction and motion graphics is fundamental in today’s contemporary visual arena. Video is a powerful tool that can transform the aesthetic codes of companies or brands, creating a strong visual identity determining the success of a product or service, expanding the brand influence and focalising its position in the marketplace or in society. Participants experience ‘real world’ project development in a professional setting - looking for original and innovative contributions. Throughout the project they receive feedback and guidance, while communication skills provide a professional approach in the negotiation and presentation of ideas to companies and new clients.
- Manage publishing & editorial projects
- Exhibit design (stage, retail, corporate interior, art event)
- Visual identity & branding (logo, corporate design, signage)
- Interface design for E-shop, online platforms, and social media
- Photography & art direction
- Communication publishing & techniques for brands
- Graphic layout & art direction for website & digital application
- Creation and Image development, research and editing
- Professional design portfolio & presentation skills
- Graphic designer for publishing (editorial)
- Graphic designer for packaging and branding
- Art director for advertising agencies
- Visual designer for exhibits and corporate design
- Visual designer for digital/interactive tools
- Web communication