Foundation in Design Online
Istituto Marangoni one-year foundation courses prepare participants for entry into any of the three-year undergraduate degree programmes, or three-year courses, in the fashion or design fields. This specific programme will be delivered through a cutting-edge blended formula, based on a thoughtfully-designed mix of learning methods and teaching methods: in addition to online-delivered contents, participants will have the chance to learn through in-person practical activities and onsite laboratories. Over the course of the year participants are offered exciting new challenges that will improve their creative thinking, develop their broader fashion, design & art skills, and help them to identify where their true passion lies.
Participants will develop a solid introduction into Istituto Marangoni teaching and learning methods and experience the intensive learning approach that is required in order to successfully progress onto one of the full-time fashion or design undergraduate programmes.
This new learning formula provides participants with the opportunity to enjoy a combination of diverse teaching and learning methodologies, all designed to maximize their engagement and to take advantage of the most recent technologies and learning tools.
Their formative journey is made of asynchronous learning experiences and contents, as well as synchronous online sessions, integrated also with a period of onsite design activities - at the Istituto Marangoni Milano School of Design - to complement and fulfill their learning path.
This educational blended model will ensure they gain first-hand knowledge of new technologies, hybrid creative environments, and contemporary design scenarios. On each course specialist pathways provide an overview to key areas of the industry; for example in Design participants have the opportunity to discover key notions in interior design, product design, and visual design. Selected contents will be designed to be specifically experienced by students in a metaverse environment.
All foundation year programmes cover principle methods and techniques for exploration and research in fashion and design contexts, presentation skills, an analysis of fashion, design and other creative industries, as well as investigating the materials, tools, ways of working and techniques used in each area. Attention is given to developing an individual approach to creative expression and to conceptual thinking, which participants are able to develop further in their chosen undergraduate programme. Academic fulfillment is at the heart of the study plan and is also incorporated with language study skills, concentrating on the communication of ideas in both verbal and written formats – with knowledge of subject-specific jargon provided. Concluding with a portfolio of work, participants have the knowledge and skills they need to be able to make an informed choice on the undergraduate course that best suits their interests, passions and abilities.
- Product Communication
- Design Methodology
- Concept formulation and development
- Inspiration rearch for interior design
- Techniques for desgin research
- Design portfolio building
- Presentation & visual communication
- Visual culture
Synchronous + Asynchronous Learning
- Enhancing Language Skills (General Knowledge and Field-related Terminology)
- Analysing methods of representation for Design ideas
- Understanding the design system (Global Panorama)
- Design Methodology and essential techniques
- Key Concepts of Interior, Product and Visual Design
- Approaching visual culture and Fine Arts’ studies
- Developing personal style
- Presentation and Visual communication skills
- Contemporary Design Panorama Scenarios
- Design concepts’ formulation and development
- Investigating the use of new technologies in the design processes
- Consolidation of Interior, Product and Visual Design key concepts and methodologies
- Building a design portfolio
- Techniques for design research and inspiration