Foundation in Fashion & Design
The Foundation course at Istituto Marangoni is a fast-paced dynamic programme designed to equip students with a broad range of creative skills. It will enable learners to a make an informed transition into higher education and to build confidence, knowledge and technical ability through a range of practical and specialist projects.
The “Foundation in Fashion & Design” programme offers students a broad knowledge of the practical and technical skills that support a chosen degree pathway.
Participants will start by exploring the materials, techniques and processes that relate to Art and Design. They will understand how creative disciplines influence each other and will be guided through the process of presenting ideas visually using hand-rendered and computer-generated techniques. Students select a fashion or design pathway and undertake a range of innovative projects associated with their chosen specialism.
· UK passport holders or UK domicile fees (EU Settlement scheme, indefinite to remain, dependant visas)
· International fees (For everyone else who requires a visa to study in London)
The fashion pathway will undertake practical projects in fashion design, styling and business and the design pathway will experience projects exploring interior design, visual design and product design. This will enable learners to build an extensive portfolio and decide their appropriate progression route.
Students will ultimately be guided to propose and implement a substantial creative project in a specialist area of their choice. This project will demonstrate their creative direction and defines their individual practice.
The course is underpinned by theory through a programme of contextual studies that develops the critical understanding of art and design. This course is for participants that have interest in the creative arts and wish to make an informed progression choice to Higher Education.
- Learn about the different practices, principles and perspectives within the creative arts.
- Understand the phases of the creative process and apply this knowledge to own research, development and outcomes.
- Start practicing with critical, evaluative and reflective thinking skills - to develop ideas and investigate creative problems.
- Develop a portfolio of work that supports progression to undergraduate stud