Discover the next Open Days Milano · Firenze · London · Paris · Dubai Register nowDiscover the next Open Days

London School FAQs for EU applicants

What will I pay?

If you have applied, or are thinking about applying to study with us from October 2021 onwards, your course fees will be charged at the international rate. Further information about funding and scholarship opportunities for EU resident new applicants can be found here:


What are the changes to student support for EU students from 2021/22? Will I be able to apply for a student loan?

If your course starts on or after the 1 August 2021 you will not be eligible for home fee status nor financial support from the UK Student Loans Company unless you meet one of the following criteria:

  • you can benefit from the citizens’ rights agreements
  • you are an Irish national living in the UK or Republic of Ireland - benefits of Irish nationals under the Common Travel Area arrangement will continue

If your course started in the London School before or during the 20/21 academic year, you will be able to continue to access student finance through the Students Loans Company, provided you meet the residency requirements and ongoing eligibility. This will be available for the duration of your course.

If you secured a place on a course in the 2020/21 academic year, however subsequently deferred your place to start in the 2021/22 academic year, the rules governing student support for 2021/22 entry will apply to you. 

For more information on student finance for EU students please refer to the below link:

Will I be able to work part-time while I am studying in the UK?

From the 31 December 2020, you are eligible to work in the UK if you hold either EU Settled/Pre-Settled status or a Student Visa.

Holders of short-term visas, including leave as a visitor obtained through eGate entry are NOT eligible to work in the UK.

Will you recognise my European qualifications?

Yes, Istituto Marangoni London continues to recognise a wide range of European qualifications.

Will I have to pay for medical care?

Students currently or to be in possession of a Student visa in future, will have paid for access to the NHS during their application by paying the Immigration Health Surcharge.

EU, Swiss and EEA nationals who began their studies before January 2021 will continue to benefit from your EHIC cover for the duration of your course regardless of when the course finishes. This means that you can continue to use your EHIC or Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) to access free NHS healthcare if you fall ill or have a medical emergency if you have begun a course of education or training in England before the end of 2020. This will apply until the end of your course.

Furthermore, any individual who applies to the EU Settlement Scheme and is granted Pre-Settled or Settled status will be eligible for free NHS healthcare. It is therefore essential that you keep your EHIC up-to-date and accessible.

What do I need to do to continue living in the UK?

Citizens of the EU, EEA and Switzerland who are living in the UK on or before 31 December 2020 can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS).

If you want to stay in the UK, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Check how to continue living in the UK.

The EUSS means citizens of the EU, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland will be able to stay and continue to work, study and access benefits and services broadly on the same basis as they currently do. It is free to apply.

Visa students are able to apply to for post-study visas. Please contact the Visa Manager for more information 

Where can I get advice and support from Istituto Marangoni London around changes due to the UK leaving the EU?

If you have any general queries, you can contact the Visa Manager on

What do I have to do to get a Visa?

International students requiring a STUDENT ROUTE VISA (previously called ‘Tier 4 Visa’) to study in the UK must follow same entry requirements of all other applicants plus be eligible for a CAS number (confirmation of acceptance of studies).

For the VISA application, the student will need to request a CAS Letter from us.

Click here to discover how to request a CAS number.

Further information

Applicants requiring further information on applying or studying at IML should contact our Admissions team on who can help with any queries you may have regarding our application process.

Existing students should contact the School Visa Manager on