1) Why are you receiving this communication?
Istituto Marangoni S.r.l., as Data Controller, wishes to inform you about what type of data we collect and through which methods, in order to guarantee respect for your rights and your fundamental freedoms, with particular reference to the confidentiality and security with which the data is processed.
2) What personal data do we collect?
Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. collects and stores your personal and identifying data (such as given name, surname, residential address, email address, courses of interest, citizenship, gender, place and date of birth, telephone number) through the following channels:
a) completion of web forms:
b) paper forms collected at the time of accreditation at the Marangoni Institute Open Day;
c) other events organised at our Campus or at other locations.
We can ask social media channels to send information about our courses based on their users’ profiles and according to their data processing policy, but we are not aware of your name .
3) For what purposes do we use your personal data?
Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. uses your data for the following purposes:
- to accredit you during events promoted by our Campus, such as the Istituto Marangoni Open Day;
- to contact you and send you information about our courses via email or a telephone call following any request you make;
- to aggregate and analyse the information collected to improve our range of educational courses.
3.2 Subject to your express consent:
- to send you communications relating to Campus initiatives, our scholarships, our courses and events that might be of interest to you;
- to insert your data into our databases to implement profiling activities in order to send you proposals and offers in line with your interests.
4) How long do we retain your personal data?
We keep your data for 3 years from our last contact with you, unless you wish to request its deletion before then. After this deadline, it will be deleted or made anonymous for statistical reasons.
5) The security of your personal data
Your data will be processed using equipment that guarantees confidentiality, integrity and availability. The processing is carried out on paper and through computerised and/or automated systems and will include all of the operations or sets of operations envisaged in Art. 4 of the GDPR which are necessary for the processing in question, including communication with the subjects assigned to the processing itself. The data concerned will not be disseminated, however, it will or may be communicated to public or private entities or individuals, within the context of the purposes described above.
6) Who can access your personal data?
Only authorised persons can access your data in the context of the tasks assigned by Istituto Marangoni S.r.l..
Your data may also be accessed by authorised persons employed by Galileo Global Education (Parent Company, owner of Istituto Marangoni S.r.l.), as well as NABA (Nuova Accademia S.r.l.) and Domus Academy S.r.l., whose shares are wholly owned by Istituto Marangoni S.r.l.
Personal data will not be disseminated in any way, in addition, it may be communicated and processed by third parties duly appointed as Data Processors, such as external collaborators and companies that provide specific technical services.
Personal data may also be accessible or may be disclosed to those whose right to access your personal data is recognised by the provisions of law or secondary or EC regulatory provisions
7) Where is your personal data stored?
Your personal data will be managed and stored on servers located within the European Union and belonging to the Data Controller and/or third-party companies appointed and duly identified as Data Processors. Your data will not be transferred outside the European Union.
8) Is it mandatory to consent to the provision of your data?
The transmission of your data is optional. If you do not consent, you will not be able to learn about our initiatives, our events and the courses that we will organise.
9) What are your rights in relation to the GDPR?
In accordance with the provisions of the GDPR, Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. guarantees you the following rights:
- to obtain confirmation of whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if so, obtain access to such data (Article 15, Right of access);
- to obtain, without undue delay, the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you (Article 16, Right to rectification);
- to obtain the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay. Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. is obliged to erase personal data without undue delay, provided certain conditions apply (Article 17, ‘Right to be forgotten’);
- to obtain the restriction of processing in certain cases (Article 18, Right to restriction of processing);
- to receive, in a structured format, in common use and readable by an automatic device, the personal data that you have provided to us and where applicable to transmit it to another Data Controller (Article 20, Right to data portability);
- to object at any time, for reasons connected with your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you (Article 21, Right to object);
- to receive, without undue delay, communication of any personal data breach suffered by Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. (Article 34);
- to withdraw your expressed consent at any time (Article 7, Conditions for consent).
10) If you have any questions please refer to the contact details provided by the Data Controller.
If you believe that we have not complied with your rights regarding the protection of personal data, you can contact the Italian Data Protection Authority (Autorità Garante per la protezione dei dati personali). Alternatively, if you live in another country, you can contact your local Data Protection Authority.
11) Data Controller
The Data Controller is Istituto Marangoni S.r.l. – Via Pietro Verri, 4, 20121 Milano MI
Telefono: +39 02 7631 6680. E-mail: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Frareg S.r.l. – Viale Jenner 38 – 20159 Milano MI
mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – Telefono: +39 0269010030
12) Updates to this Information Notice
This Information Notice may be subject to change. Any substantial changes will be communicated to you via email or through our website.