Our hybrid pre-sessional English courses will be running on our state-of-the-art campus in central London, offering both on-campus and online study modes to both prospective BA and MA students.
Students on these courses will be able to improve their academic English language skills to the desired level and will be able to progress onto our academic undergraduate and post graduate programmes.
The overall aim of our pre-sessional courses is to improve academic English and academic performance. The course will be run by a highly experienced team of English languages professionals and class sizes will be kept small with a maximum of 15-20 students for our academic team to focus on quality of teaching.
At the end of the pre-sessional course, students will have:
- developed English for academic purposes and gained the ability to listen to and communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- developed independent and collaborative academic study skills, enabling them to analyse issues and formulate questions
- expanded their intercultural awareness and gained a better knowledge of IML and London
Students will achieve these outcomes by:
- focusing on strengthening the four skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) by practicing the language within a genuine academic context (attending academic lectures, reading academic texts and analysing/writing academic essays)
- gaining confidence in academic writing conventions, including in-text citations, referencing, direct quotation and compiling bibliographies
- studying material with a discipline-specific content (fashion and design)
- developing creative and critical thinking skills through debating and evaluating complex ideas.
Students will undertake both a formative and summative assessment (KITE English proficiency test).