FASHION DESIGN & ACCESSORIES
Creating new iconic objects of desire
Three-Year Course *** (Pathways)
|enrolment fee||€ 4.000|
|tuition fee EU||€ 18.700|
|tuition fee non-EU||€ 21.800|
* Students who successfully complete the programmes ‘AFAM’ taught in Milano will be awarded the Diploma Accademico di I Livello. Recognised by the Italian Ministry of Education as an academic diploma equivalent to a university undergraduate level degree, students will obtain 180 CFA (crediti formativi accademici) equivalent to 180 ECTS credits. The pathway is a specialisation of the recognised diploma core program Fashion Design & Accessories. For further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office at the chosen school.
Three-Year Course *** (Pathways)
|enrolment fee||€ 4.000|
|tuition fee EU||€ 17.500|
|tuition fee non-EU||€ 20.500|
**Students who successfully complete the ‘Fashion Design & Accessories’, ‘Fashion Design & Menswear’ y ‘Fashion Design & Marketing’ programmes in Firenze will be awarded an Istituto Marangoni certificate.
BA (Hons) Degree* ** (Pathways)
|enrolment fee||£ 3.300|
|tuition fee EU||£ 14.200|
|tuition fee non-EU||£ 17.500|
** Participants who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in London will be awarded a BA (Hons) degree by Manchester Metropolitan University-UK; 120 credit points must be earned for each year of study in order for an honours degree to be awarded, so students will obtain 360 credits upon successful completion of the three-year course. Participants on the four-year sandwich course will receive 120 practice credits for the additional year. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level). For further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office.
English and EU domiciled students may be eligible for tuition fee support, to contribute towards the annual fees, via Student Loan Company (SLC) and maintenance support dependent upon eligibility. Full information can be found here. For the London School, payment must be made in GBP only. Student Finance for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland: the London School of Fashion and Design does not have specific course designation for 19/20 in any of the other devolved nations: Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. If you are a student domiciled in one of these countries, you should be aware that you may receive only partial, or no tuition fee loan to support your studies. Before submitting an application to study, you should contact the relevant funding authority in your home country to discuss this to ensure you are able to partially cover the cost of your preferred programme: For Northern Ireland: studentfinanceni.co.uk For Scotland: saas.gov.uk For Wales: studentfinancewales.co.uk
Accessories are the new fashion objects of desire and make the difference to a winning collection and brand name. This three year full time course forms multi-skilled designers, fully qualified in the latest fashion and accessories design techniques and approaches. Covering shoes, bags, and fashion collection design, the course nurtures creativity and individual style, while also responding to new demands and trends in the fashion and luxury market. By studying the main contemporary artistic movements, and the latest styles and trends which influence accessories design, participants develop an aesthetic sensitivity, appreciating the intrinsic values and characteristics of an accessories product, namely the emotions and perceptions customers take from a fashion item to produce products that create desire.
They learn how to research and contextualise ideas and are encouraged to experiment with new approaches in the industry that are evolving today, including renewable and sustainable resources, innovative materials and new technologies, building individual style and creative and professional abilities.
Participants also explore how Italian manufacturing is exemplary in its identification and use of materials and manufacturing techniques, giving a focus on the excellence that is “Italianness”: craftsmanship, design and style. The use of traditional techniques and new technologies are well balanced to ensure participants gain comprehensive skills in all areas: from hand illustration, to the latest software packages, progressing through 2D into 3D design, and also 3D printing techniques. They understand the viability of accessory production and development, working and evaluating material requirements via full shape analysis. This dynamic course provides a solid base in the fashion system; a model that embraces many different aspects of todays fast changing and competitive fashion industry.
The evolution of fashion, and fashion accessory design is also studied from its humble beginnings as a functional add-on, to the elevated status it has today as the signature piece in a fashion collection. A final graduation showcase event gives participants the opportunity to exhibit their work and achieve recognition through networking. Guided by an experienced faculty team of industry experts, the final year concludes with the creation of a professional portfolio and accessories design collection.
This course is part of the fashion design study pathways. With fashion design as the core subject, participants specialise in the chosen area of interest (accessories), completing the course with a distinct professional profile.
This course is also available as a BA (Hons) four-year course (including Sandwich Year Placement).
* Participants who successfully complete the programmes taught in English in London and Paris will be awarded a BA (Hons) degree by Manchester Metropolitan University-UK; 120 credit points must be earned for each year of study in order for an honours degree to be awarded, so students will obtain 360 credits upon successful completion of the three-year course. Participants on the four-year sandwich course will receive 120 practice credits for the additional year. All candidates should meet specific requirements (please check the website www.mmu.ac.uk/international indicating your nationality and study level). For further details please do not hesitate to contact the information office.
** For the London School, payment must be made in GBP only
- Fashion drawing & illustration (2D, 3D)
- Prototyping (lab & workshop) pattern cutting, maquette
- Visual communication & professional presentation skills
- Digital design & 3d printing
- The study of fabrics and materials
- Professional design portfolio & collection
- Marketing & fashion business
- Analysis and strategies of contemporary fashion
- History of luxury accessories & brand heritage
- Creative research methods
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Accessories designer
- Accessories pattern maker
- Handbag designer
- Fashion illustrator
- Product manager
STUDY UNITS · LONDON
- Fashion Drawing Fundamentals
- Fashion Design Fundamentals
- Fashion Collection Fundamentals
- History of Art and Fashion
- Fashion Brand Exploration
- Accessories Design Methodology
- The Art of Luxury
- Fashion, Art and Cultural Context
- Product and Style Innovation
- Final Major Project Fashion Design & Accessories
- Final Dissertation
BOF · BADGE OF EXCELLENCE
Badges of Excellence recognise a school’s strengths in four key areas: Best Overall, Best in Global Influence, Best in Learning Experience and Best in Long-Term Value.
- Global Influence – The global reputation and influence of a school, based on the selectivity of a school in admitting applicants and the enrolment rates of admitted applicants.
An Overall BoF Score was then awarded to each institution based on the sum-weighted score across all three key indices.