FASHION BUSINESS, COMMUNICATION & MEDIA
Go viral, post & publish – communicating fashion & style
BA (Hons) Degree* ** (Pathways)
|enrolment fee||£ 3.300|
|tuition fee EU||£ 13.300|
|tuition fee non-EU||£ 16.500|
UK/EU national students may be eligible for tuition fee support, to contribute towards the annual fees, via Student Loan Company (SLC) and maintenance support dependent on eligibility. Full information can be found herehttps://www.gov.uk/student-finance/new-fulltime-students
In a media-dominated world, being able to communicate and connect with consumers through different media techniques or channels is one of the most sought after and relevant skills in the fashion, luxury and creative industries. This three year full time course provides a broad education into cultural, creative and social fashion business contexts alongwith contemporary communication channels, including online tools, video, and printed media using images and copy, together with the most innovative technologies, to create and enhance business communication strategies specifically for the fashion and luxury markets. Understanding the relationship between product, consumer target and market placement is key to producing a successful media communication proposal.
This dynamic course investigates ways to create the ‘buzz’ that is necessary to increase brand awareness, while also respecting brand image and any constraints of an assigned brief, or communication budget. Participants follow an extensive analysis of style, understanding how language, visual image and sound can influence emotions and consumer behaviour, defining and disseminating fashion ‘trends’ as inspiring ideas not only in clothing, but also for accessories and all areas of the luxury and creative industries. Taking a look at historical and contemporary examples of fashion, image and photography, participants learn how to incorporate and captivate the magic of fashion and luxury in videos, web platforms and through social networks.
They understand the philosophy, growth and importance of social media in business, and learn how platforms such Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter are used to represent an organisation, promote a product or a brand, and are powerful tools in connecting with consumers by creating a loyal following. The course focuses on a sound knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, alongside editorial skills for PR and press activity including fashion writing and copyediting, publication advertising & marketing, finance and budget management, as well as media planning, creative direction and fashion shooting
- perfectly balancing traditional and new media communication activity. Via the study of semiotics participants analyse the world of verbal and non-verbal communication, learning how to take simple gestures and turn them into influential promotional conversations.
This course is part of the fashion business study pathways. With fashion business as the core subject, participants specialise in the chosen area of interest (communication & new media), completing the course with a distinct professional profile.
This course is also available as a BA (Hons) four-year course (including Sandwich Year Placement).
- Social media for business
- Traditional and digital media
- Advertising & marketing strategies
- Implementation of a communication campaign
- Fashion brands and branding
- Fashion writing & effective copy, editorial
- Communicating through image, style and semiotics
- Digital image
- Cultural contemporary perspectives, trends and forecasting
- Strategies of contemporary fashion photography & video
- Portfolio and visual communication
- Design research theory & practice
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
- Digital marketing manager
- Media planner/media manager
- Communication manager/director
- Marketing manager
- Multimedia content designer
- Social media editor/manager
STUDY UNITS · LONDON
- Introduction to Fashion
- Alpha Marketing
- The Luxury Fashion Product
- Principles of Business
- Visual and Emotional Branding
- Editorial Environment
- Luxury Image & Brand Construction
- Finance and Management Control
- Creative Direction
- Honours Project Fashion Business Communication & Media
- Future of Fashion
Discover the successful stories.